University of Bristol Student.
University Radio Nottingham
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of URN equipment and website with over 200k hits a year.
- Migrated existing website from Drupal to Wordpress, creating plugins to integrate podcasts and the radio show schedule.
- Optimised the website by reducing the average load time by 10 seconds.
- Improved the work flow, using GitHub web-hooks, GruntJS and SCSS.
- The code is open source, available on Github.
HackSoc: Swag, Women In Tech and HackNotts
- My personal website was created by hand.
- The CSS is preprocessed using SASS, CSS with super powers.
- Bourbon a SCSS library is used to target all the latest browsers and the icons are from FontAwesome.
- For my dissertation I built an Android app (source code) to reduce the distractions of smartphone notifications.
- App uses Google's Location and Mapping Libraries to block impersonal notifications.
- I accompanied the app with a web-service API (source code) built using PHP.